Today is all about the skin. I don’t know about you, but the thought of going home after a long day (face caked in makeup, fabulously of course) and removing my makeup and deeply cleansing my face is the most exciting part of my day! Besides applying the makeup, obviously. Maybe I’m weird for saying that? I don’t know. It’s how I feel.
After working with different beauty brands and trying endless amounts of facial cleansers, moisturizers, eye creams, etc. I’ve really been able to hone in on the products that truly work for my skin. So I’ll show you what I’m currently using in my skin care regimen and other products I love but I need to go stock up on because this girl spent too much money over the holidays!
1.) Makeup Remover. My go to is SO Totally Clean Micellar Cleansing Water.
- EXTREMELY gentle for removing foundations, blushes, contouring products.
- I use this on my clients as it does not require rinsing it off the face. It’s basically water so you just use a cotton pad or ball and remove the makeup and BOOM! You’re golden.
- Very affordable! $6.99 at Ulta. I call that a win win.
2.) The coveted Clarisonic Mia 2. This facial sonic cleansing brush is my skin routine must have. You’ve probably read a million and one reviews on this device but I’m going to share with you my exact thoughts on this product. Ladies, this is an investment and well worth it. ($169)
- Clarisonic is owned by Loreal. Don’t get me started on all the products Loreal owns. They pretty much own everything. Lancome, Maybelline, Essie, Giorgio Armani, and over 500 other brands. Loreal is like the mecca for all things makeup and skincare. The french truly know what they’re doing.
- There are several different brush heads you can use on this device. This makes it extremely versatile. I personally love the Radiance brush head! It brightens and smooths out your skins texture. It’s great for someone who has dullness and lack of radiance. It is very gentle as well.
- Acne Cleansing Brush
- Cashmere Brush Head (you guys, this brush is made out of angora hair. IT’S SO SOFT!!)
- Sensitive Brush Head
- Deep Pore Brush Head
- Delicate Brush Head
- The Clarisonic Mia 2 is very customizable for your skins needs.
- 2 different speeds. This helps deeply cleanse your skin.
- Cleanses your skin 6X deeper than with just your hands alone.
- Your skin feels fresh!
- Allows your skin to be more receptive to your serums and moisturizers.
When I was working with Clinique I got to try their Sonic Cleansing system as well and let me tell you, I love it! It’s much friendlier on the wallet as well. (89.50) But, the Clarisonic is still my number one cleansing device. Sorry, Clinique.
Okay so maybe the Mia 2 should’ve had it’s own post because I blabbered on about it for so long. Sorry.
3.) My cleanser obsession right now goes to Aveeno Positively Radiant Brightening Cleanser. So I currently am all about brightening my skin. I used to struggle with acne and always used products with benzoyl peroxide or salicylic acid. My skin began drying out! Ever since, I’ve been on a journey to brighten my skin.
- This cleanser has a moisture rich soy extract. Sounds healthy right? It gives you radiance without making your skin oily.
- Lifts oil, dirt, and makeup.
- Evens skin tone and texture, improves dulness, blotchiness, and brown spots.
- Affordable price point! ($7.99 Ulta)
This cleanser makes my skin feel so fresh, hydrated, and soft. I highly recommend it. I’ve definitely noticed a brighter and more radiant skin tone. You guys, it’s even sparkly and looks like opals in your hand!!!
4.) Toners are important ya’ll. This step ensures your skin is exfoliated and super clean so that your serums and moisturizers are more effective. My favorite is Clarifying Lotion 3 from Clinique.
- Gently exfoliates your skin.
- Sweeps away dirt and dead skin cells and oil to prevent you from breakouts.
- This is great for a combination oily skin type. (That’s your girl right here!) Not an oily skin type? No worries! Clinique has got you covered with their skin care consultations. You can do it online or at counter and a consultant will let you know exactly what skin type you are and customize your skincare.
In case you haven’t figured out that I love me some Clinique products, well now you know. This clarifying lotion is affordable starting at $14.50.
*And in case you are thinking, “Wow she must be sponsored by Clinique,” you’d be wrong. Only in my dreams!
5.) Can we talk about my favorite skin care product right now?! Advanced Genifique by Lancome. Oh. My. Goodness. If you want your skin to have a dewy glow and look super fresh, this is your go to.
- Smooths skin texture.
- Brightens skin.
- Smells INCREDIBLE!!!
- The serum dropper is pre-loaded with the exact amount of serum you need.
My skin looks so hydrated after applying this!!! It’s great for all skin types. Even oily. I promise. Pro tip: put a drop in your foundation for an extra glow.
6.) Moisturizing is my favorite part of my skin care routine. Moisturizer balances out the oil and water in your skin leaving you feel hydrated. Never say never but I’m pretty sure Clinique’s Dramatically Different Moisturizing Gel is the only moisturizer I’ll ever use.
- A gel that doesn’t make your skin dry. While I have frequent breakouts, this non greasy formula truly helps balance my skin.
- Clinique: It’s one of my top favorite brands in all the world. Maybe I’m biased because I had the great opportunity to work for them and learn about their products.
- Allergy tested and fragrance free.
- Lightweight moisturizer. This is my favorite part. It doesn’t feel heavy.
Did you guys know that Clinique was the first brand created by a Dermatologist? Who can you trust more with your skin than a dermatologist? Exactly.
- Twenty somethings and thirty somethings, this eye cream is for you. It combats and minimizes the appearance of premature signs of aging. (http://www.lancome-usa.com/skin-care/concerns/eye-care-area/progres-eye/004051.html)
- The formula is super creamy! It’s rich without being greasy.
- I’ve seen results. I’m only 25 but I swear I’ve been getting crows feet on my left eye. While this eye cream is not made to reduce lines it has definitely prevented them from getting worse.
While this eye cream is a wee bit pricey at $64, it is worth every cent.
If you’re wondering what I take my eye makeup off with it’s Take the Day Off by Clinique and Bi-Facil by Lancome! Those two can take any mascara off with one easy swipe.
Okay so you read that right. It takes seven steps to leave my skin feeling and looking fresh daily morning and night.
What are your favorite skin care products? I would love to read about them in the comments!
Until next time! 🙂
Learn more on my Skin Care boards on Pinterest! Thanks lovelies!