Insecurities. We all have them. They come in different shapes and sizes. Do you ever feel like you have no talents? Maybe you feel like you don’t have a purpose. Like everyone else knows what they are doing in life and exactly what they want, and you’re completely in the dark about knowing who you are and what you want? Yeah. Me too. I’ve been there. You have all of these big dreams. Yet, you don’t know how to pursue them and you don’t believe in yourself enough to start reaching for the stars. Well, if any of that sounded exactly like how you feel, then this post is definitely for you. I’m going to give you tips on how to overcome your own insecurities and start believing in yourself so that you can go live the life you have always wanted but didn’t think you could have.

How To Overcome Your Own Insecurities

***This post contains affiliate links in which I may receive commissions from.Ā

In order for me to educate you on overcoming your own insecurities I need to first tell you about some of mine and how I continue to move forward and overcome them. They say when you are a young child, you learn everything from your parental figures. Everything your parents do affects you as a child. Don’t get me wrong. I had an AMAZING childhood and I am so lucky. I grew up in a loving family and my parents taught me amazing things. However, everyone is human. My family had a lot of their own self-doubt. That self-doubt was passed onto me. My whole life I have been on a journey to overcome my insecurities and gain confidence in myself. I have started a million projects because I have so many ideas and I have moments where I believe I can do anything. I even went to two different colleges with two different majors because everything I started… I ended up quitting. I didn’t believe in myself. I had an idea of who I wanted to be. However, I didn’t believe I could be that person.

Now I am a twenty-five year old fashion graduate living in a town where there is not a huge demand for my fashion degree. You know what? That’s okay. It’s okay because everyday I am working on myself and my own insecurities so that I can create a life I love. You can create a life that you love as well once you push passed your insecurities.

So, how do you do this? First, you have to realize WHY you’re insecure. What are you insecure about? I want you to grab a super cute notebook (so that you’ll want to refer back to it) and write down in full detail every single last thing you are insecure about. This can be physical, mental, or spiritual. For example, maybe you are insecure about your thighs. Maybe you’re insecure about how you interact with other people? Whatever it is, write it down.

Okay, now that you are fully aware of your WHY, it’s time to write down your plans on how you can become secure about those things. This part is the challenge so I am going to give you an example from my own life. If you don’t want to listen to my boring sap story, you can skip the next paragraph.

How To Overcome Your Own Insecurities

Finances: I have recently been so insecure about my finances. In my mind, I am a twenty-five year old college graduate who is still BROKE! Not to mention, I am super in debt from school. I started to doubt myself and tell myself that I will never pay off my debt and I will never have financial freedom. All of my friends are becoming super successful and making all of this money and I’m over here drowning in debt living pay check to pay check. I was so down. I was defeated. That’s when it hit me. Is worrying about it and feeling defeated going to change the amount of debt I am in? No. I decided to let go. Is it going to be hard struggling financially? Of course, but life is worth so much more than dollar bills yo! Your life was made to LIVE. So, the first step to overcoming your insecurities is letting them go. Read my four tips below on how to start overcoming your insecurities.

Say your favorite mantra out loud

I’ve recently been learning about mantras and how they can help you overcome the struggles in your mind. You can see a killer mantra list here. One mantra that has truly helped me overcome my insecurities is this one.

“I deserve to be happy and feel good every day about all areas in my life.”

We only get one life. Make it count. You deserve happiness in all areas of your life. You can create happiness for yourself.

Create a gratitude list

I recently started writing gratitude lists. Normally, I will start one list per week and add to it as the week goes on and I come up with more amazing things in my life that I am grateful for. Creating a gratitude list helps you realize the great things you do have in your life. The less you dwell on the negative and the more you celebrate the positive the more confident and happy you will be.

How To Overcome Your Own Insecurities

Vision Board

This is one of my favorite things to do. I started vision boards when I was going through college. A vision board will help you get really clear on what you are working towards. You can create yours by cutting out photos in a magazine and pasting them to a board. OR you can create one by grabbing google images and uploading them to Canva. You will want to grab photos of the things you aspire to be or things you want to someday have. These can be materialistic things or meaningful things. You can see mine below. šŸ™‚ The fun part about this is that you can dream away! Nothing is too big. Place that photo of a mansion on your vision board or a fun vacation you want to someday take. Visualize what you want in your life. This will allow you to gain confidence by sharing your dreams with yourself. You can see mine as an example below.

How To Overcome Your Own Insecurities

Take Action

Now it’s time to take action. Great confidence doesn’t come over night. It is a work in progress. It’s time to commit to being more confident and overcoming your insecurities. Remember, you are amazing. You have amazing things to offer. You have an amazing life to live. So, get out there and start living! Every time I start doubting myself I think back to who I used to be and how insecurities do nothing but harm me. I remind myself of the amazing things I have to offer and I say my mantras out loud.

This will take time. You are so worth feeling confident and secure in your own body and mind. So, if you’re struggling with confidence and you’re not sure where to begin, shoot me a message. I would love to help you find your WHY and give you a push on taking action.

You May Also Like

32 comments

Great tips! Sharing šŸ™‚

Thank you Kay! I hope you found some value in this post. šŸ™‚

Aww, I love this post and your vision board, Cassie! I’ve been meaning to make my own but never get around to it haha.

I can totally relate on the “I’m in my mid-20s and still broke” thing. I have so much student debt too that honestly seems impossible to pay off, but I’ve taken it on as a challenge to make it go away. Also! Since I started the Law of Attraction, I have really been seeing more abundance in my life. I visualized having a Macbook Pro for like a month and here I am typing this to you on that very Macbook Pro. Whatever we want, we really can have. I truly believe that!

Thanks Sheila! I’m so glad we can relate. School loans can definitely be a burden but I think you’re right. We can totally create our own olives that we love! I would love to hear more about any manifestation resources you may have. I’ve been trying to understand the law of attraction.

This is something I am working on great post

I’m so glad you enjoyed it! Good luck. I’d love to hear if you try these tips out and if they help you. <3

Hello Cassie,
Thanks for the helpful tips. I actually just created a vision board a few weeks ago after quite a long time and I must say that the process felt good. I am participating in a mentorship program for women and going the motions of getting clear on my why so this has boosted my confidence in a major way. The insecurities try to creep in sometimes but I try to suppress them as much I can. Thanks for sharing!

Hi Jamila,
I’m so glad my tips were helpful. That’s great you created a vision board. I truly think it helps you attract the things you truly desire. Insecurities are a part of human nature so it helps to boost your confidence all the time. Thank you for reading! <3

What a wonderful post! I love your tips šŸ™‚

Wow! Thank you Audrey. I’m so glad you stopped by to hang out.

This post is just what I need right now! I’ve been feeling down about my life and my self esteem has taken a hit. Thanks for the tips!!

Hi Takara! I’m so glad this helped. Just remember that you are worth all of your hopes and dreams and that we all have insecurities. It’s human nature. We just have to remind ourselves that we have a purpose and amazing! <3
Thanks for reading. šŸ™‚

Hi, I love these tips and they’re all helping to boost the positive thinking which boosts morale. Love the vision board idea I have to try that!

Hi Ciara! I’m so glad my post could help. Positive thinking is definitely important in this day and age! I highly recommend the vision board. It might sound silly, but I think it truly helps! I look at it at least once a week and remember what I’m working so hard for. Thanks for reading! <3

Great tips! šŸ™‚ Loved reading it! ā„

Thank you for reading Nastja! I’m so glad you liked my tips. šŸ™‚

I love this! Thanks for the positivity and encouragement! The world needs more of it!

Hollee, I completely agree! Thanks so much for reading. I’m glad you enjoyed my post. <3

I love that you are taking the angle of how insecurities will affect your confidence (because duh!)

I’m a strong believer in understanding the WHY of something because I think that it helps figure out a solution a lot easier.

Hi Seppy, I completely agree with you! It’s definitely important to get to the bottom of why you feel a certain way. Truly in every situation. Thank you for reading! Hope it helped. <3

Very inspiring! When my insecurities flare up, I actually pull out my gratitude list!

Thanks so much! I’m glad you found some inspiration from my post. A gratitude list is so essential to helping me get back on track.

I love to have a vision board it keep me motivates on my goals.. After reading this most I am more inspired to live out my life.

Kristal, that’s awesome! I’m so glad I inspired you. I agree. I feel very motivated to see my goals visually every day. You got this! <3

Great information, thank you!

Hi Monique! Thanks so much for reading. <3

What a lovely post! I had a vision board for a while but when i moved out of my parents’ house I never really created a new one, maybe I should!

Hi Nele! That is awesome! I really believe in vision boards. They provide so much inspiration and motivation. You should totally create a new one. Maybe you have new dreams or goals. <3

I love your blog!! Very interesting,, encouraging , and uplifting!

Thank you so much for the amazing compliment Nyke!!!! It is my goal to inspire others. ā¤ļø

Totally in a season of my life where these tips will come in handy. Your blog is beautiful and practical, by the way. šŸ™‚ Thanks for sharing!

Jennifer, thank you for the kind words! I’m so glad my article found you during this time of your life where you can apply these tips. I’d love to know how they work for you! <3